Nothing is more welcome on a hot summer day than
a bowl of a cool,curd/thayir/dahi based dish...
No wonder no South Indian meal is complete
without a generous helping of curd rice or the Thayir sadam!
And this dish -Thayir Semiya is really a perfect finale to a heavy,
spicy meal or rather a meal by itself!
- FRESH CURDS - 3 CUPS
- SEMOLINA -1 CUP
- OIL- 2 TABLESPOON
- GREEN CHILLIES-2
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- RAISINS -1 TEASPOON
- CASHEW NUTS - 1 TABLESPOON
- CURRY LEAVES - FEW
- SUGAR - 1/2 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA - 1 BROAD PINCH
- SALT TO TASTE
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- Fry the semolina slightly.
- Add 2 cups of water and little salt .
- Cook till done.
- Beat the curd with sugar,salt and asafoetida.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Splutter the mustard seeds,urad dhal, cashewnuts,raisins,chopped green chillies and curry leaves.Fry till done.
- Add it to the curd and mix well.
- Now,spoon in the cooked vermicelli/semiya little by little and mix well.
- Serve chilled with a bit of your favorite pickle.
#You can also add some grated carrots or chopped cucumbers to it.
# You can even top it with some grated coconut if you wish.
#This is a great dish to be packed in a lunch box