Can anyone resist these inviting, hot and crispy
bhajjis.....You can have them anywhere...
street carts or five star hotels,wedding receptions or home
anytime,anywhere no one has said no to a bhajji!
Sometimes we have difficulty in choosing the right one...
Onion bhajji,potato bhajji,brinjal bhajji ,
vaazhaikaai(raw banana),chilli,apple or carrot....
You name it- and it has its own set of fans....
and it is relatively simple to prepare a perfect bhajji too...
- THIN VEGETABLE SLICES -2 CUPS
- GRAM FLOUR -1 CUP
- RICE FLOUR -1/2 CUP
- CHILLI POWDER -2 TEASPOONS
- BICARBONATE OF SODA-1/4 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA -FEW PINCHES
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING
- Mix the flours,chilli powder ,salt ,asafoetida and bicarbonate of soda well.
- Add enough water and make a batter .(Coating consistency)
- Beat well.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Coat the vegetable slices with the batter and deep fry in hot oil till they puff up and are well cooked.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney /onion chutney and sambar.