Wondering what to do with a bowl full of left over idlis ?
Relax....Just leave them in you fridge and use them up to make
this absolutely delicious Idli Upma....according to me this is one
of the healthiest and tastiest form of leftover cookery ...and
what more- you can have this without any side dish too!
- LEFTOVER IDLIS-10 -12
(crumble then well with your fingers)
- CHOPPED ONIONS-2 CUPS
- CHOPPED GREEN CHILLIES-4
- CURRY LEAVES -FEW
- SESAME OIL 1/2 CUP
- MUSTARD SEEDS -1/2 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL -1 TEASPOON
- IDLI CHILLI POWDER - 1/3 CUP
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER - 2 PINCHES
- SALT TO TASTE
- Crumble the idlis into a lump free mixture.(It is easier to crumble refrigerated idlis into a lump free mixture)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sputter the mustard seeds,dhals,green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the salt.
- Now add the crumbled idlies and toss well. add the idli chilli powder and asafoetida powder.Mix well .
- Remove from heat after a minute or two.
- Serve hot .
This is not only a good breakfast but also a tasty lunchbox recipe.