Here is one of my all time favorite snack ...which you can prepare in a jiffy!
Crunchy , hot Cashew Pakoda....
It is a real treat on a cool,rainy day when munched along with a cup of hot tea ,or nibble while reading a book or just binge when you are in an eating mood!!!
- BESAN (GRAM FLOUR) -1 CUP
- RICE FLOUR -1/2 CUP
- CORN FLOUR -1/2 CUP
- CHOPPED ONIONS- 1 CUP
- HALVED CASHEWNUTS-1 CUP
- CHILLI POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- BICARBONATE OF SODA-1/4 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING
- Mix the flours,salt,chilli powder ,sodium bicarbonate ,chopped onions and cashewnuts in a bowl.
- Sprinkle water little by little and mix well till you get a crumbly mix.(Not a soggy or sticky dough)
- Heat oil in a pan and drop small ,uneven shaped bits of the mixture and cook well on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- Drain .
- Serve hot.
# Chutneys or tomato sauce can be served as an accompaniment for these crunchies.