What can be a more inviting snack than a plate full of crispy,hot vegetable vadais ?
- Urad Dhal -1 cup
- Channa Dhal -1/2 cup
- Chopped carrots- 1 tablespoon
- Chopped onions -2 tablespoons
- Chopped cabbage -1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves - 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Coconut bits -1 tablespoon
- Chopped green chillies-6-8
- Asafoetida powder -2 -3 pinches
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak the dhals for 2 -3 hours.Drain .Clean .
- Grind to a slightly coarse paste with enough water.
- Add the other ingredients except oil.
- Mix well.
- Pat into round discs on your oiled palm or an oiled banana leaf.
- Make a hole in the center with your finger.This enables even cooking.
- Slip it into hot oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Make vadais with all the batter.
- Serve hot with coconut or coriander chutney.