Who will not fall for this delectable all time favorite side dish?
It is a perfect side dish for any rice or roti....
- Paneer cubes -2 cups
- Garlic -1 clove
- Onions (chopped)- 1 cup
- Tomatoes -3
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Butter - 3 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Garam Masala powder -1/4 Teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 3/4 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Immerse tomatoes in boiling water.Wait for 10 minutes.Deain and peel off the skin.
- Mash well.
- Heat the oil.
- Sautee the cinnamon stick,garlic and onions .
- Cook till they are reddish.
- Add the tomato pulp. Cook well.
- Add the salt and chilli powder.
- Boil till the raw smell goes off.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Cool and puree in a blender.
- In a teaspoon of butter,Sautee the paneer cubes on low heat for less than a minute.
- Add them to the puree.
- Mix well . Simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat (Do not over cook.It hardens the paneer).Add the garam masala powder.
- Add the butter. Stir well and remove from the stove.
#Adding a pinch of sugar enhances the taste of the gravy.
# This dish is usually not very spicy-So those who favor hot curries should add a little more chilli powder.
Garnish with coriander leaves or fresh cream (if you wish)