Sweet potato (Sakkarai vallikizhangu) may not be as popular as the potato, but it more nutritious and has a low glycemic index too-hence a much healthier option!
Sweet potatoes -1/2 kg
Turmeric powder -1/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder -1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds-1/4 teaspoon
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a kadai.
3. Splutter the mustard seeds.
4. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, sauté well.
5. Add the powders and salt to taste.
6. Keep on stir frying , adding more oil as needed.
7. When the sweet potatoes are browned and soft, remove from heat.
8.Serve hot with rice ,sambar, rasam etc.or with chappatis.