Here is a Vitamin C rich pickle loaded with antioxidants ...
You can prepare it with very little effort in 10 minutes ...
- GINGELLY OIL/SESAME OIL-1/2 CUP
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- FENUGREEK SEEDS /METHI SEEDS -1 TEASPOON
- RED CHILLY POWDER-3 TEASPOONS
- TURMERIC POWDER-3/4 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE (APPROXIMATELY 2-3 TEASPOONS)
- Clean the gooseberries and boil them in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain. Remove the seeds and split them into segments.
- Heat the oil.Splutter the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Now add the gooseberry segments and saute them for 1/2 a minute.
- Add the salt,chilly and turmeric powders.Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the asafoetida powder and stir well .Remove from heat after a minute.
- Store in clean and dry containers.
- This pickle has very little oil and absolutely no preservatives.
- So use them up in less than a week if stored in room temperature.
- If refrigerated,they can be used for more than a month.