No South Indian breakfast is complete
without idlis or dosas ...
And when you are too busy to whip up
side dishes like chutneys and sambars,
the ever popular Idli milagaai podi
(idli chilli powder) is the savior!
and a tasty and healthy option too!
- DESKINNED URAD DHAL- 1 CUP
- CHANNA DHAL-1 CUP
- DESKINNED SESAME SEEDS-3/4 CUP
- RED CHILLIES- 2 - 3 CUPS
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE (APPROX 1/2 CUP)
- Roast the dals,chillies and sesame seeds seperately .
- Add asafoetida powder and sugar.
- Powder them coarsely one by one.
- Mix the powders thoroughly.
- Store in airtight containers.
- Serve mixed with sesame oil as an accompaniment to idlis,dosas,uthappams etc.