Here is a traditional dessert-
An ethnic dish made in South Indian homes ...
(mainly Tamil Brahmin homes)
Usually ,this one is not available off the counter
in sweet shops and restaurants...
It is a very healthy dish which has the goodness
of jaggery and sesame seeds...
In the days of yore this dish
called for a lot of physical effort
like rubbing, pounding etc...
but now,we can prepare them effortlessly...
SESAME SEEDS( DESKINNED) - 2 CUPS
(You can get deskinned ones off the shelf)
JAGGERY (POWDERED)-1 1/2 CUPS
- Powder jaggery in a mixer.
- Roast the sesame seeds/ellu/til in a hot pan till they splutter.
- Now powder the sesame seeds in a mixer.
- Mix the powders well.
- Now, shape 1 inch sized balls/laddoos /urundais with the mixture.
- You need not add any ghee/oil etc because sesame seeds themselves have oil in them and this binds the laddoos.