Usually ,potatoes are a main ingredient in many a vegetable sabzi or curry....here is a tasty sabzi /curry where pumpkin is the main ingredient...
- CUT PUMPKIN-2 CUPS
- TOMATOES- 2-4
- CUMIN SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHILLI POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- TURMERIC POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER-1/2 TEASWPOON
- JEERA POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL-2 TABLESPOONS
- Chop onions into small bits
- Cut tomatoes and capsicums into 1 inch bits.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Now add the tomatoes,salt,turmeric, chilli ,jeera and masala powders and cook till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Now,add the capsicums and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the pumpkin bits and cook till they are coated with the tomato onion mixture.
- Add a glass of water and cook covered till the pumpkin is soft and the gravy is thick.
- Serve hot with any rice or roti varieties...