Here is a tasty any time snack /starter which can be prepared effortlessly....
It is a nice way to use up your leftover idlis too...
In fact,refrigerated idlis are better if used for this dish as they tend to by dry and they absorb less oil when fried...
Do you know...now a days ,these are served as starters in dinner banquets and these are more sought after than other fancy ones...
- REFRIGERATED IDLIS(preferably mini idlis)
- IDLI MILAGAAI PODI
- OIL FOR FRYING
- SALT TO TASTE( OPTIONAL)
- You can use mini idlis to get neat bite sized pieces of starters or you can cut regular ones into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the idlis till golden brown.
- Keep the milagaai podi in a shallow dish .Add some salt if needed.
- Now toss the fried idlis in the podi till they are coated well.
- Serve as starters with a dip of coconut chutney or they can be had as they are as they are well coated with idli milagaai podi.