Here is a tasty variant of the regular oothappam ....
It is a meal in a dish made with leftover idli/dosa batter...
- IDLI /DOSA BATTER -2 CUPS
- GREEN CHILLY-1
- ONIONS(chopped)-1 TABLESPOON
- IDLI MILAGAAI PODI-1/2 CUP
- GINGELLY/SESAME OIL
- Mix the chopped onions,and green chilli bits in the batter .
- Make sure the batter is a few days old and slightly sour.
- Heat a heavy tawa .
- Pour a ladle full of batter on the tawa and spread it into a circle.
- It should be slightly thicker than a dosa.
- Drizzle a teaspoon or more of oil.
- When slightly done,sprinkle some idli milagaai podi over it.
- Flip and cook the other side also.
- Remove from the pan.
- Serve hot with sambar ,chutney or even fresh curds and pickles.
- They make an excellent lunch box meal too.