Who said a tasty Potato Curry should be spicy or roasted or at least shallow fried?
Here is a tasty ,almost oil -free potato curry...
In fact ,it is a traditional recipe that has been taken over
by Potato Fry and Spicy Potato Curry...
- POTATOES-1/4 Kg.
- CHOPPED ONION-1/2 CUP
- GRATED GINGER -1/2 TEASPOON
- GREEN CHILLIES-4
- GRATED COCONUT-1 TABLESPOON(optional)
- OIL-2 TEASPOON
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1/4 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- LIME JUICE-1 TEASPOON
- CURRY LEAVES- FEW
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets till just done.
- Cool.Peel the potatoes. Crumble the potatoes roughly.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds,dhals,chopped green chillies and ginger .
- Add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the potatoes and salt to taste.
- Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Garnish with a few curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Remove from heat and mix in the lime juice.
- Serve hot with hot steamed rice and hot sambar /rasam etc.