Here is my favorite pickle- my good old,all time favorite ....not only mine but of my whole family and a hoard of friends too...
As garlic is good for your health-it is a great cholesterol fighter and good to your heart,I make it a point to add this to my meal regularly.
It is quite easy to prepare this garlic pickle -the only time consuming job is peeling the garlic pods...
Luckily ,I am able to pick up peeled garlic from a nice vegetable store and this removes the major ordeal from making this dish...
Even otherwise,to peel garlic easily ,just wipe a little oil on the pods and leave them in a plate and microwave them for a few minutes ...and the garlic slip out easily from its skin...
- PEELED GARLIC-2 CUPS
- CHILLY POWDER-4-5 TEASPOONS
- TURMERIC POWDER -1/4 TEASPOON
- FENUGREEK SEEDS /METHI SEEDS-1 TEASPOON
- ROASTED SESAME SEEDS-1 TEASPOON
- SESAME /GINGELLY OIL-1 CUP
- LIME JUICE-4 TEASPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- Coarsely powder the fenugreek seeds.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds(white sesame or deskinned sesame)
- Heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook over low flame for a few minutes.
- Add the chilly powder,turmeric powder ,fenugreek seeds and sesame seeds.
- Stir well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from heat after a minute.
- Add the lime juice when slightly cool.
- Store in sterile ,dry containers.
- Keeps for 3 months if refrigerated.