Protien rich Channa Masala is an all time favorite side dish of all those who love spicy,healthy and yummy food...
And it is a great side dish with Puris,Rotis and Bhaturas...
And is a great topping for toasts and Aloo Tikkis too...
- KABULI CHANNA (WHITE VARIETY)-1 CUP
- ONIONS -2
- TOMATOES - 3
- GARLIC - 4 FLAKES
- CHILLY POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
- JEERA POWDER - 1/2 TEASPOON
- CUMIN SEEDS -1/2 TEASPOON
- SAUNF -1/2 TEASPOON
- CINNAMON STICK- 1 INCH BIT
- GHEE - 1/2 CUP
- AMCHUR POWDER -1/4 TEASPOON
- BLACK SALT-LITTLE
- SALT TO TASTE
- CORIANDER LEAVES -FOR GARNISHING
- Soak the kabuli Channa in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and clean.
- Pressure cook till done.
- Heat a little ghee in a kadai .
- Add the cumin seeds,saunf,cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Fry till done.
- Drain and powder in a mixie.Keep aside.
- Heat some ghee in a pan and fry the garlic,onions and chopped tomatoes till they are soft and pulpy.Add a little salt while frying.
- Cool the onion -tomato mixture.Grind it along with a tablespoon of cooked channa in a mixie.
- Now add the channa to the ground mixture .Boil with enough water.
- Add the salt ,chilly powder,garam masala powder and the ground spices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Before removing from the heat,add the black salt and amchur powder.Stir well.Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Top with a little ghee while serving.