A wholesome ,crisp and hot Laccha Paratha is the favorite dish of Not only the people of Punjab -but of all Indians and all lovers of Indian cuisine...
- WHOLEWHEAT FLOUR -2 CUPS
- PURE GHEE -1/2 CUP
- SALT TO TASTE
- SUGAR -1/4 TEASPOON
- WATER FOR KNEADING
- PURE GHEE FOR LAYERING AND FRYING
- Mix the salt and sugar to the flour.
- Add the ghee to the flour and mix well till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add enough water and knead to a soft dough.
- Keep the dough covered for 2 hours.
- Make lime sized balls out of the dough.
- Role out the dough into a thin chappathi.
- Spread some ghee liberally on the chappathi.
- Now,bring it together in gathers and role it to form a round coil.
- Dust it with flour liberally. Role out a slightly thick paratha.
- Now cook this paratha on a hot tawa over mediun heat,drizzling it with melted ghee till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Gently hold the paratha between your palms and give it a rub so that the layers separate slightly.
- Serve hot with Channa Masala,Dhal Makhanwala or any other side dish of your choice.