Here are some soft and melt in the mouth Dhoklas....
- Soak the dhals for 4-5 hours. Clean .
- Grind to a paste (like adai batter) with ginger,2 chillies, asafoetida and salt.
- Keep aside for a few hours.
- Add the lime juice and Bicarbonate of soda and let it froth well.
- Fill a greased tray up to 1/3 of the containers height.
- Steam for 10 -15 minutes in a cooker .Cut into squares when cool.
- Now ,heat the oil in a pan. Fry the mustard seeds,chopped green chillies and curry leaves .
- Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan and add some sugar to it.Cook foe a few seconds till the sugar dissolves.
- Now pour the chilli,mustard ,sugar mixture over the dhoklas.
- Let it soak up the liquid.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with mint chutney and sweet chutney.
- This is wholesome protien rich,low fat,healthy and tasty snack.