Colorful bell peppers/capsicums are always a treat to the eyes and what is a better way to eat a rainbow than throwing in a few colorful bell peppers into your meal...
Here is a tasty ,healthy and nutritious side dish made with capsicums and freshly prepared cottage cheese/paneer....
- MILK- 1 LITER
- LIME JUICE-2 TEASPOONS
- RED/GREEN/YELLOW BELL PEPPERS-1 EACH (purple ones too,if available)
- GREEN CHILLIES-4-6
- CUMIN SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- OIL-2 TABLESPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- Chop the vegetables and green chillies into small pieces.
- Boil the milk. Add the lime juice when the milk just boils and let it curdle.
- Leave the milk aside and strain. Keep the drained paneer aside.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan.Fry the cumin seeds.
- Add the chillies,onions ,tomatoes and bell peppers ,salt to taste and saute till they are soft.
- Now ,add the freshly prepared paneer and stir well.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis/ Indian breads.