Here is a healthy and tasty pickle that has very little oil in it and can be prepared very in a couple of minutes...
It is loaded with the goodness of Vitamin C and other nutrients...
- GOOSEBERRIES(AMLA)-10 -12
- CURD-1/2 LITER
- GREEN CHILLIES-15
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1 TEASPOON
- FENUGREEK SEEDS-1 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
- OIL_2 TEASPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- Boil the gooseberries for a few minutes.
- Drain and separate the segments from the seeds.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds and fry the fenugreek seeds till reddish and add the green chillies .Sautee for a minute.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Now add the mixture to beaten curd with the required salt to taste.
- Leave the mixture for a few days till the curd sours.
- Now it is ready to eat.
- Store it in a refrigerator and use it up to 2 weeks.