A deliciously healthy halwa ...so easy to prepare ...loaded with the goodness of bottlegourd (Lauki /Suraikkai) and full cream milk...
- BOTTLEGOURD /LAUKI/SURAIKKAI(Grated)-4 CUPS
- GHEE-3/4 CUP
- FULL CREAM MILK-4 CUPS
- KHOVA-1/2 CUP
- SUGAR-11/2 CUPS
- POWDERED CARDAMON-1/2 TEASPOON
- BROKEN CASHEWNUTS-FEW
- GREEN FOOD COLORING- A PINCH
- Skin the bottle gourd .Remove the seeds.
- Grate the gourd.Squeeze out the juice with your hands .Drain.
- Heat the ghee.
- Fry the raisins and broken nuts.Drain and keep them aside.
- Add the grated bottle gourd/lauki and fry well .The remaining water will ooze out .Boil well stirring continuously till it is almost evaporated.
- Now ,add the milk and sugar and cook stirring continuously in a heavy bottomed pan till it is reduced to a thick mass.
- Add the food color.Stir well.
- Add the crumbled khova ,cardamom powder and fried nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Instead of khova,you can also add condensed milk to add to its richness.