Here is a healthy Rajma/Red Kidney beans sundal for your evening snack...
It is high in fiber and proteins and helps in stablising your blood sugar levels ,hence it is most suitable for diabetics too.
- RAJMA(RED KIDNEY BEANS)-1 CUP
- GRATED COCONUT-3 TEASPOONS
- DRY RED CHILLIES-4
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1/4 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-A BROAD PINCH
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL-1 TEASPOON
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- Soak Rajma beans for 8 hours.
- Wash well and pressure cook with enough water till done.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Splutter the mustard seeds ,urad dhal and broken red chillies.
- Add the rajma beans and salt to taste.
- Add a cup of water and boil well till the water is completely absorbed.This helps in helping uniform mixing and absorption of salt.
- Add the asafoetida,coconut and curry leaves.Mix well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve hot .
*People with high cholesterol levels may avoid the coconut and substitute it with sauteed onions.
You can also garnish this dish with grated carrots.