Here is a quick and easy,wholesome and tasty breakfast....
There are times when you are pressed for time or not just in a mood to spend a long session before the stove...
or when you have just a little of this and that in your kitchen and you have to whip up a meal without a magic wand and feed a hungry army ...
In such a time ,this dish is a savior...
In fact,it was one such a morning when I whipped up this Khichidi and let me tell you-It as a sellout!
- RAWA-1 1/2 CUP
- OATMEAL-1/2 CUP
- SEMOLINA(SEMIYA) 1/2 CUP
- SHELLED GREEN PEAS-1 TABLESPOON
- GREEN CHILLIES-3-4
- TURMERIC POWDER-1/4 TEASPOON
- LIME JUICE-1 TABLESPOON
- CASHEW NUTS-10
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- OIL -2 TABLESPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- CURRY LEAVES AND CORIANDER LEAVES-FEW
- Heat a tablespoon of oil.
- Fry the broken cashew nuts and lightly fry the rawa,semolina and oatmeal till they become a crumbly mixture.Keep aside.
- Chop the onions,carrot,potato and tomato into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a kadai.
- Fry the mustard seeds and dhals.
- Fry the chopped chillies and onions till the onions turn transparent.
- Now saute the chopped vegetables and peas.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder.
- Add 4 cups of water and boil well till the vegetables are cooked.
- Now,reduce the heat of the stove and add the roasted rawa mixture little by little,stirring continuously so no lumps are formed.
- Increase the heat and stir continuously till it absorbs the water and leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice and mix well.
- Garnish with curry and coriander leaves.
- Serve with chutneys ,sambar or any side dish of your choice.