Here is a smooth and creamy Paneer gravy...a fitting side dish in any regal spread...
- PANEER CUT IN RECTANGLES-2 CUPS
- ONION -1
- GARLIC -2 CLOVES
- GREEN CHILLIES-2
- CASHEW NUTS-1 TABLESPOON
- KHUS KHUS -1 TEASPOON
- MILK -1 CUP
- FRESH CREAM -1/2 CUP
- SUGAR-1/4 TEASPOON
- KASURI METHI -1 PINCH
- SALT TO TASTE
- BUTTER-1 TEASPOON
- Soak the cashews and khus khus separately in milk for 20 minutes.
- Remove the seeds of the green chillies .Chop the onions and garlic.
- Heat the butter and sautee the onions and garlic.Add the green chilly seeds. Cook for a minute taking care they do not change color.
- Grind the onion garlic mixture to a smooth paste.
- Now grind the cashews and khus khus to a smooth paste.
- Add the paneer pieces and ground pastes to a kadai and cook on low heat.
- Add the remaining milk ,little water ,salt and sugar.
- Now,add the kasuri methi.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes .Remove from heat.
- Add the fresh cream .
- Serve hot with any of your favorite naans,rotis,parathas,pulavs,biriyanis etc.
- This dish is a delight for those who love creamy ,mildly spiced gravies.
- If you want a thicker gravy increase the quantity of cashew nuts and cream.