What can be a more fitting accompaniment than this spicy and aromatic onion garlic chutney?
Be it idli,dosa,bonda,bajji,upma,pongal ,chappati,puri or a simple bread sandwich this chutney is a perfect partner!!!
Onions (chopped) -2 cups
Garlic -10 -12 flakes
Tamarind puree – ¼ teaspoon
Channa dhal -2 tablespoons
Urad dhal -1 teaspoon
Dry red chillies -6 -8
Mustard seeds -1/4 teaspoon
Oil -3 -4 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Curry leaves –few
1. Heat 3 teaspoons of oil.
2. Fry the dhals and red chillies well.
3. When they are golden brown, add the garlic , onions and curry leaves.
4. Add the salt and fry till the onions are slightly browned.
5. Add the coconut and sautee for a while.
6. Add the tamarind puree and stir well.
7. Cool .grind in a mixie with a little water.
8. Season the chutney with mustard seeds spluttered in hot oil.