If you have a a weakness for a tasty and healthy side dish which has paneer as a main ingredient ,this is the one for you....
- MILK - I LITER
- LIME -1
- SHELLED GREEN PEAS -1 CUP
- GREEN CHILLIES-3
- CUMIN SEEDS- 1/2 A TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER - 1 TEASPOON
- OIL - 2 TEASPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- CORIANDER LEAVES FOR GARNISHING
- Bring the milk to a boil.When it reaches boiling point sqeeze the lime into it and let the milk curdle. keep aside for 10 mins.
- Drain the whey and keep the cottage cheese/soft paneer seperate.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds. Add the finely chopped green chillies and onions . Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook well.
- Add salt and garam masala powder.to the onion tomato mixture.
- Boil the shelled peas with a little salt.Drain when done.
- Add the cooked peas to the onion tomato mixture.
- Now crumble the paneer to the mixture and simmer for a minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
#Serve with rice and rotis.
#Unlike your regular paneer side dishes,this one has no butter or cream added to it and there is very little oil in it.
So it is a healthier and refreshingly tasty dish.