Here is a delicious , melt in the mouth sweet
made with cashew nuts and sugar...
- CASHEW NUTS - 2 CUPS
- SUGAR -1 1/4 TEASPOON
- CORNFLOUR -2 TEASPOON
- GHEE- 2 TEASPOONS
- LIQUID GLUCOSE -1/2 TEASPOON
- Powder the cashew nuts in a dry mixer .
- Heat 1/2 cup water in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the sugar and make a sugar syrup of soft ball consistency.
- Now add the cashew powder and liquid glucose and cook over medium heat till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Add the ghee.and cook ,stirring continuously till the mixture is a soft lump.
- Remove from heat.
- Place it on a marble slab dusted with cornflour and knead well till it forms a smooth dough like mass.
- Roll out to a 1/2 cm thick layer with a rolling pin.
- Draw uniform lines with a sharp knife and make diamond shaped pieces.
- Loosen the pieces when slightly set.Store in airtight containers.
- Keeps fresh for a week.