Here is a delectable kheer/payasam which is so simple to prepare...
- VERMICELLI/SEMIYA-1 CUP
- MILK - 1 LITER
- SUGAR-1 1/2 CUPS
- POWDERED ELAICHI-1/2 TEASPOON
- GHEE-2 TABLESPOONS
- CASHEW NUTS-1 TEASPOON
- RAISINS-1 TEASPOON
- Boil milk well,stirring continuously and reduce it to 80% of it's original content.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan and roast the semiya lightly taking care not to brown it.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to it and toss lightly.
- Add a cup of water and cook the semiya till done.Cool slightly.
- Add the boiled and reduced milk and sugar to the cooked semiya/vermicelli. Boil for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the powdered elaichi.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee . Drain.
- Add them to the payasam.
- Serve hot or chilled.