Here is an usual snack with an unusual twist....
Your regular paruppu vadai made healthier and tastier with oats...
- CHANNA DHAL -1 CUP
- OATS- 1 CUP
- GARLIC - FEW PODS
- CHOPPED ONIONS-1 CUP
- RED CHILLIES- 8 - 10
- SALT TO TASTE
- OIL FOR FRYING
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- Soak the channa dhal for 30 minutes .
- Soak the oats for 10 minutes.
- Grind the dhal and oats to a coarse paste along with the red chillies .
- Add chopped garlic,onions,salt and curry leaves.
- Pat into 2 inch discs about half a centimeter thick and fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Make sure the oil is not smoking hot and the vadais are cooked on both the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- For a change you can add some grated coconut to the ground batter.