Here is a rich,mildly spiced rice dish...
Steamed basmati rice served with a splattering of ghee and cashewnuts...
A perfect dish that goes well with any side dish...gravy,dry,spicy or bland...
- BASMATI RICE-1 CUP
- CASHEWNUTS-1/2 CUP
- ONION SLIVERS-1/2 CUP
- CAPSICUM SLIVERS-1/4 CUP
- CUMIN SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- CINNAMON STICK-2 BITS
- SLIT GREEN CHILLIES -2
- SALT TO TASTE
- GHEE-1/2 CUP
- Boil the basmati rice with a little salt and 4 cups of water to which 1/2 teaspoon of ghee is added.
- When the grains are well cooked,Drain the cooked rice.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the spices,slit chillies,slivered onions and capsicum and cashews. Add some salt to taste.
- Mix with the cooked rice. Toss gently taking care not to break the cooked grains.
- Serve hot with any side dish of your choice.
- The amount of cashew nuts can be increased if you prefer a richer dish.