Here is a simple and tasty ethnic dish from
the traditional South Indian kitchen....
The tasty "coconut thuvayal" generally called" thengai thogayal"...
It is easy to prepare and needs very few ingredients
that are always readily available in any kitchen every day...
Usually it is prepared as a quick fix meal especially when there
is no stock of vegetables or you are pressed for time.
- COCONUT GRATINGS-2 CUPS
- DRY RED CHILLIES -6-8
- TAMARIND-1 cm. DIAMETER BALL
- URAD DHAL-2 TABLESPOONS
- OIL-2 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- Heat the oil and fry the red chillies and urad dhal lightly.
- Add the fried mixture,cleaned tamarind ,salt to taste and coconut gratings in a mixie jar.
- Grind to a coarse paste with little water.
- This thuvayal can me eaten as a side dish or can be mixed with hot rice and eaten with a fried /roasted appallam/papad.
Do visit my Facebook page "DELICIOUSSS" and like ....