Here is a tasty quick fix meal in a dish...
Be it breakfast,lunch or dinner
you can whip it up in a jiffy....
- VERMICELLI / SEMIYA -1 CUP
- ONION- 1
- CARROT -1/2
- GREEN PEAS -1/4 CUP
- GREEN CHILLIES - 3-4
- CASHEW NUTS- 6-10
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- GINGER - FEW JULIENNES
- LIME JUICE-2 TEASPOONS
- OIL -2 TABLESPOONS
- CURRY LEAVES-FEW
- SALT TO TASTE
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and roast the vermicelli slightly. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a kadai .
- Fry the mustard seeds ,cashew nuts and dhals.
- Add the ginger juliennes,chopped green chillies and curry leaves and fry lightly.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Now add the chopped carrots,green peas and saute lightly.Add salt to taste.
- Add 2 cups of water and let the vegetables cook in the boiling water.
- Now,reduce the heat and add the roasted vermicelli little by little,stirring continuously.
- Cook till the water is absorbed and the vermicelli is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice and mix well.
- Serve with chutney and sambar or with plain curd and any pickle of your choice.
- This dish tastes great as a packed lunch too...