Here is a heavenly dessert fit for the Gods and you too...
It is Palada Pradhaman , a milk based kheer unique to God's own country- Kerala.
No Sadya (Festive meal) is complete in Kerala without a liberal helping of Palada Pradhaman...
The traditional Palada preparation is rather laborious - it involves a lot of soaking,grinding and steaming while preparing the Ada but with the availability of Instant ada over the counter in any good departmental stores,preparing this pradhaman has become very easy.
- FULL FAT MILK -2 LITERS
- READY TO COOK PALADA -1 1/2 CUPS
- SUGAR -2 CUPS
- POWDERED ELAICHI -1/4 TEASPOON
- CASHEW NUTS FRIED IN GHEE -1 TABLESPOON
- Soak the ada in water for 10 minutes.
- Boil the ada in water till they are cooked to a tender consistency.
- Meanwhile ,boil the milk ,stirring continuously ,till it is reduced to 2/3 of it's original volume.
- Drained the cooked adas. Cool well in cold water.Drain.
- Add the adas to the boiling milk and cook continuously for 5 more minutes.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the sugar and elaichi powder.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts (preferably broken bits).
- Serve hot or after it is cooled.