The soft , mushy mildly spiced and aromatic Khichidi is
Gujarat's answer to Tamilnadu's Pongal...
- Raw rice-1 cups
- Split moong dal -1/3 cup (with skin)
FOR THE SEASONING
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon-1 small stick
- Ajwain/fennel seeds(omum)-1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds -1/2 teaspoon
- Peppercorns- 10-12
- Asafoetida powder-4 pinches
- Red chillies-2
- Green chilly-1(slit)
- Oil- 3 tablespoons
- Ghee -2 Tablespoons
- Curry leaves-few
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together for 1 hour atleast.
- Pressure cook with 6 cups of water for 6-8 whistles.
- Mash the well cooked mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the seasonings (except salt and ghee)
- Add to the mashed rice dhal mixture.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Now add enough salt and ghee.
Serve hot with KADHI .
Please do visit my Facebook page 'Deliciousss' follow and like my page.