Here is a healthy and tasty rice that can be prepared with easily available ingredients in a jiffy...
- BASMATI RICE -1 CUP
- TOOR DHAL - 1 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL -1 TEASPOON
- CORIANDER LEAVES -2 CUPS
- GREEN CHILLIES - 3
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- GARLIC -FEW PODS
- CHOPPED ONION-1
- OIL -FEW TEASPOONS
- SALT TO TASTE
- FRIED CASHEW NUTS-10 to 12
- Wash and soak the dhals for 10 minutes
- Wash and clean the coriander leaves.Pat them dry.Chop them into coarse bits.
- Heat the oil in a pressure pan .
- Splutter the mustard seeds.
- Fry the slit chillies ,garlic and chopped onions.
- Now add most of the coriander leaves and saute well.(Reserve some for garnishing.)
- Add the soaked dhals and rice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Open the pressure pan.Fluff up the rice.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with raitha and chips.