Here is a wholesome and tasty carrot soup...quite different from the soups available in restaurants...
- Carrots (grated) -3 cups
- Onions (sliced) - 2
- garlic -3 pods
- butter - 2 tablespoons
- full cream milk -1 cup
- bayleaves -2-3
- cumim powder -1 teaspoon
- pepper powder - to taste
- salt -to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a pressure pan.
- Saute the bay leaves.
- Add the garlic pods,onions and carrots and saute for a minute.
- Add 4 -5 cups of water .Simmer.
- Pressure cook till done .(Approximately 5 whistles)
- Open the pressure pan.Remove bay leaves.
- Puree the cooked vegetable mixture in a mixie.
- Add enough water and simmer.
- Add Add cumin powder,pepper powder and salt .Bring to a boil.
- Serve with a little butter and milk.