Seppan Kizhangu ( Colcoasia/ Taro roots) Fry - This is one of the all time favorite of many South Indian households...
The whole family drools over this tasty,crispy dish over the Sunday lunch table....
SEPPAN KIZHANGU - 1/2 KG
CORN FLOUR - 1 1/2 CUP
CHILLY POWDER - 3 TEASPOONS
SALT TO TASTE
OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
- Wash,clean and boil the Seppan kizhangu (colacasia) till they are well cooked.(Care must be taken so they are not over cooked or they become very soft and mushy)
- Peel the seppan kizhangus and slice them into 1/2CM thick rounds.
- Mix together the salt chilly powder and cornflour and sieve it twice.
- Coat the sliced root vegetable well with this powder.
- Sprinkle some water over them and dust the rest of the cornflour.
- Toss them well in a large bowl till they are well coated.
- Marinate the slices for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and drop the coated slices few at a time and fry till they are golden brown.
- Drain. Serve hot with rice, sambar and rasam or variety rice or as a starter too.