Visit my Facebook page and like .... DELICIOUSSS
Here is a wholesome dessert -which is a meal by itself too!
These delicious Badam milk puris or Paal Bolis are
traditional desserts which are served along with the meal
or as a wholesome meal too!
- MILK -1 LITER
- WHEAT FLOUR- 2 CUPS
- GHEE-1 TABLESPOON
- OIL FOR FRYING
- DUSTING FLOUR
- SUGAR -2 CUPS
- YELLOW FOOD COLOR-LITTLE
- ALMOND ESSENCE -A FEW DROPS
- SAFFRON -A FEW STRANDS(OPTIONAL)
For making the puris...
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to the flour.
- Add melted ghee to the flour.Mix well.
- Add water (little by little) and knead the flour to a stiff dough.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls and roll out small 3" round puris.
- Deep fry in hot oil.Drain.
For preparing the Badam milk...
- Soak the almonds in hot water.Remove the skin.
- Now grind them to a paste with a little milk.
- Add the almond paste to the milk.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the food color and essence.
- Add the saffron dissolved in warm milk.
Soak the puris,few at a time in the hot milk and drain them out and arrange on a basin or a platter.
Do not soak for more than a 15 -20 seconds -or else the puris will lose shape.
Pour the hot milk on the puris and serve them hot or chilled.