Here is a healthy and tasty kheer which is so easy to make...
- MOONG DHAL -1 CUP
- JAGGERY - 11/2 CUP
- MILK - 3 CUPS
- ELAICHI -4
- CASHEW NUTS - 10-15
- GHEE -1 TABLESPOON
- Wash,clean and pressure cook the moong dhal with enough water.
- Mash the dhal till smooth.
- Dissolve the jaggery in hot water.Strain. Boil the syrup for a few minutes.
- Add powdered elaichi and the mashed dhal.
- Stir well.
- Add the milk.Boil for a few minutes.
- Fry the cashew nuts in hot ghee and garnish the kheer.
- This Kheer is called Payatham kanji or Payathamparuppu payasam in Tamil.
- It is usually prepared on Vratam days or as a neivedyam for pujas.
- It is a protien rich ,calcium rich and iron rich dish.