Now,let us get back to the basics...
Our long forgotten grains are now
regaining their past glory and
are what were the staple food of our villagers
are now recognized as
the real power house of good health
and are lining our departmental store shelves
and they are decorating our dining tables....
Here is a healthy dish with barnyard millet-
a healthy meal in a dish!
- BARN YARD MILLET - 2 CUPS
- CAULIFLOWER -2 CUPS
- GREEN PEAS - 1 CUP
- TURMERIC POWDER-1/4 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- GREEN CHILLIES-5-7
- OIL-2 TABLESPOONS
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DAL-1 TEASPOON
- URAD DAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- CURRY LEAVES -FEW
- Wash ,clean and drain the barnyard millets (kudirai vali arisi).
- Heat oil in a pressure pan.
- Fry the seasonings.Fry the chopped chillies.
- Add the chopped onions.Fry till transparent.
- Now add the chopped carrots,cauliflower bits and peas.
- Add the barnyard millet,salt ,turmeric powder and 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Open the cooker. Serve hot with chutneys of fresh curds.