Here is an amazingly healthy and easy to prepare
Vegetable Stew (prepared in Chinese style)
- Baby corn -6
- Button mushrooms-4
- Cauliflower- Few bits
- Carrot (medium sizes)-1
- Spinach-few leaves
- corn flour-1 Teaspoon
- White pepper powder -to taste
- White vinegar-1 teaspoon
- Ajinomoto-1 pinch
- Sugar-1/2 teaspoon
- Sesame oil-1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Slice mushrooms and carrots into thin slivers.
- Chop capsicum and onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop baby corn into 2 inch pieces
- Tear the spinach leaves into bits.
- Heat the oil.
- Stir fry all the vegetables on high heat for a minute.
- Keep a few baby corn bits separately. Mash them coarsely.
- Add the ajinomoto and salt. Cook till they are tender.
- Add white pepper powder and sugar.
- Add 4 cups of water.Bring to a boil.
- In a cup of water dissolve the cornflour.
- Add the mashed babycorn to the solution.
- Add the mixture to the boiling vegetables.
- Cook continuously till it thickens and gets a glaze.
- Add the vinegar and more saltand pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.