Here is a healthy and tasty vegetable side dish full of farm fresh cauliflowers and green peas....
- CAULIFLOWER -250 GRAMS
- GREEN PEAS -200 GRAMS
- TOMATOES-200 GRAMS
- ONIONS-100 GRAMS
- GRATED COCONUT-1 TABLESPOON
- GARLIC-6 CLOVES
- GREEN CHILLIES-2
- CUMINSEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHILLI POWDER- 1- 1 1/2 TEASPOON
- JEERA POWDER-1 TEASPOON
- DHANIYA POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- GARAM MASALA POWDER -1 TEASPOON
- AMCHOOR POWDER - 1/4TEASPOON
- OIL /GHEE- 1/4 CUP
- SALT TO TASTE
- Cut cauliflower into medium sized bits.Soak in hot salted water and clean.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.Peel the garlic cloves.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Splutter the cumin seeds.
- Add the chillies,onions,tomatoes,the powders , salt and shallow fry till soft.
- Add the coconut and cook for a minute.
- Grind to a paste.
- Add the cauliflower bits,green peas and the ground paste to a pressure pan with enough water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Once the vegetables are cooked,add enough water and keep simmering it fora few minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with chappatis,rotis or rice varieties.