Want to prepare a tasty and healthy
meal in a dish for your lunch box/lunch/dinner?
And you want to ready it effortlessly in a jiffy
with easily available items?
Here is the ever popular and tasty Coriander Rice!!!
- CORIANDER LEAVES - 1 SMALL BUNCH
- RAW RICE -1 CUP
- GARLIC-5-8 CLOVES
- GREEN CHILLIES- 2
- OIL-4 TEASPOONS
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1/2 TEASPOON
- CHANNA DHAL -1/2 TEASPOON
- DRY RED CHILLIES -2-3
- SALT TO TASTE
- LEMON JUICE -1 TABLE SPOON(optional)
- Wash,clean and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- In a mixer grind together the chillies,garlic ,onions and coriander leaves with 1 cup water to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to the drained rice.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Temper the mustard seeds,red chillies, urad and channa dhals.
- Add the seasoning to the cooked rice.
- Add the lemon juice to the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot or later with raitha and chips.