Here is a creamy, wholesome soup for the cold rainy day...
a real comfort food for you...
- BUTTON MUSHROOMS-200 GRAMS
- FLOUR-4 TEASPOONS
- WATER-2 CUPS
- FULL CREAM MILK -4 CUPS
- FRESH CREAM -4 TEASPOONS
- BUTTER-2 TABLESPOONS
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- Chop onions and mushrooms into fine slices
- Heat one teaspoon of butter in a pan.
- Saute the sliced mushrooms and onions.
- Add the water and cook till soft.
- Reserve some cooked mushrooms for decoration.
- Cool and blend in a mixer.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the flour well.
- Add the milk little by little and cook over low heat stirring continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Boil till it coats on the back of a spoon.
- Add the pureed mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked mushroom bits and serve hot ,topped witha teaspoon or more of fresh cream.(The calorie conscious ones can avoid this step!)