Here is a rich and creamy,delicious,melt in the mouth malai kofta...
A perfect accompaniment for rotis and pulavs....
For the koftas...
- Boiled potatoes -1 cup
- Crumbled paneer-1 cup
- Raisins -1 tablespoon
- Tutti fruity -1 teaspoon
- Green chillies -2
- Bread crumbs -for coating
- Cumin powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the gravy
- Cashewnuts-1/2 cup
- Milk -1cup
- Fresh cream -1 cup
- Oil -1/4 cup
- Ginger- 1/2 inch piece
- Green chilly-1-2
- Khuskhus-1 teaspoon (soaked in hot milk)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/2teaspoon
- Kasuri methi -few pinches
To prepare the koftas...
- Mix salt to taste and cumin powder to the boiled potatoes and paneer.
- Slightly squash the raisins and tutti fruity.Break the cashew nuts into small bits.
- Chop the green chillies very finely.
- Mix them all together with the potato -paneer mixture.
- Shape them into small balls or oblong rolls.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs and deep fry them in oil.Drain.Keep aside.
To prepare the malai gravy...
- Grate the onions finely.
- Soak soak the cashewnuts and khuskhus seeds(poppy seeds) separately in hot milk for 30 minutes.Grind them separately to a smooth paste.
- Remove the seeds of the chillies.Grate the ginger piece.
- Heat a little oil in a pan.
- Fry the cloves and elaichis,grated onions,chilli seeds and grated ginger till the raw smell goes.
- Now grind them to a smooth paste.
- Mix all the ground pastes .Bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Now ,add the cream,sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with kasuri methi powder.
- Add the koftas to the creamy gravy and serve with Indian breads and rice varieties.