Here is a healthy ,green leafy veggie-
A must in your daily meal....
Iron rich and high in fiber and vitamins ,
made with the humble Amaranth leaves(Mulai keerai)...
- AMARANTH LEAVES(MULAIKEERAI)- 1 BUNCH
- TOOR DHAL(SOAKED IN WATER)-2 TEASPOONS
- GRATED COCONUT-1 CUP
- OIL-2 TEASPOONS
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/2 TEASPOON
- URAD DHAL-1 TEASPOON
- GREEN CHILLIES-2
- RED CHILLI-2
- SALT TO TASTE
- Wash ,dry and clean the mulaikeerai.Chop finely.
- Boil the soaked toor dhal till just done.
- Mash with little salt to taste.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Add the mustard seeds and splutter.
- Add the urad dhal,green and red chillies.Fry till done.
- Add the chopped keerai(amaranth leaves).Stir well.Add salt to taste.
- Add a little water and cook till the greens are soft and the water has evaporated.
- Garnish with grated coconut. stir well.
- Serve with hot rice,sambar,rasam,curds etc.