Here is a tasty ,easy to make any time snack....
- MAIDA(ALL PURPOSE FLOUR)-1 CUP
- SUGAR-1/3 CUP
- POWDERED ELAICHI-1/4 TEASPOON
- SODA BICARBONATE-4 PINCHES
- SALT -4 PINCHES
- OIL/VANASPATI FOR FRYING
- Powder the sugar in a mixie.
- Sieve together the maida,soda bicarbonate salt,elaichi powder and powdered sugar.
- To this mixture add a few spoons of oil and mix to get a crumb-texture.
- Sprinkle water little by little and knead to a stiff dough.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Make lemon sized balls out of this dough and dust them with maida .
- Roll out into slightly thick chappatis.
- Cut into diamond shaped bits or small squares with a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil and fry the bits till done.Drain.
- Serve hot or cool.