Bored of the regular toast and jam breakfast...
Here is a spicy ,crispy treat for you that can be prepared in a matter of minutes with minimum effort...
This dish is indeed a blessing for novices in the kitchen and singles too...
- Bread slices-8
- Gram flour-3 Tablespoons
- Rice flour-1 Tablespoon
- Chilly powder-1 - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste -1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped onions -1 Cup
- Turmeric powder-1/4 Teaspoon
- Cumin powder -1/2 Teaspoon
- Ghee /Oil -as needed
- Salt to taste
- Mix the flours ,onions and all the powders and ginger garlic paste well.
- Add enough water and make a thick coating batter.
- Spread the mixture on one side of the bread slice.
- Heat a nonstick tawa/pan.
- Add a little ghee.
- Cook a coated bread slice on the melted ghee .(Make sure the coating side is down.
- Now ,cook on low flame.
- Spread some more batter on the top of the bread slice.
- Turn and cook with a little more ghee/oil till done.
- Cook both the sides till it is reddish and crispy.
- Serve hot.