Here is another dish from my Grandmother's kitchen....
A simple hot and tangy curry -a perfect tasty and healthy dish ....
Just mix a ladle full of this hot Milagu kuzhambu with hot rice and a dollop of ghee...
Have a few mouth fulls and see your cough,cold and body ache vanish in a jiffy....
A toasted papad is a perfect combination for this dish....
This is another authentic TamBrahm dish which is not easily available in restaurants ....
- TAMARIND- A SMALL LIME SIZED BALL
- MUSTARD SEEDS-1/4 TEASPOON
- PEPPERCORNS-2 TABLESPOONS
- URAD DHAL-11/2 TEASPOONS
- TURMERIC POWDER-1/4 TEASPOON
- ASAFOETIDA POWDER-1/4 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- CURRY LEAVES -A SPRIG
- SESAME OIL-1 TABLESPOON
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Heat the oil .Fry the peppercorns and urad dhal.
- Drain and cool. Reserve the oil for further use.
- Powder them coarsely.Keep aside.
- Soak the tamarind in warm water and extract the pulp .
- Heat the oil.Splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add the tamarind extract and bring to a boil.
- Add turmeric powder ,salt and the pepper/dhal powder.
- Add some more water ,of needed.
- Let it boil well till it thickens slightly.
- Add the curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Simmer for a minute and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with hot rice .