Here is a simple meal in a dish....the all time favorite Ghee Rice
- BASMATI RICE -1 CUP
- GREEN PEAS-1/2 CUP
- ONION -1
- GREEN CHILLY-1 to 2
- CUMIN SEEDS -1/2 TEASPOON
- GHEE-4 TABLESPOONS
- CASHEW NUTS -1 TABLESPOON
- RAISINS-1 TEASPOON
- SALT TO TASTE
- Wash and clean the rice.
- Soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain .
- Cook with enough water till well cooked.Drain the cooked rice.
- Boil the green peas with a little salt and sugar.Drain.
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds,cashew nuts,slit green chillies and chopped onions.
- Add the green peas and saute along with salt to taste.
- Now add the cooked rice to the sauteed mixture.
- Stir gently and cook covered on low heat for a few minutes.
- Serve with any curry of your choice or just raitha or potato wafers.
- This is a great lunchbox dish too...